Schedule of Fees
Below we list out the costs for Award Design services and what is involved for each part. Initial Visit
To establish what is required to be achieved. Discuss any various options available. Show examples of previous jobs carried out. No Charge
Planning Application Drawings
Carry out measured survey of property. Produce 1:100 existing plans & elevations, proposed 1:100 extension plans & elevations, 1:500/200 site plan. Act as agent to liaise with LA to see application through to decision.
||Small Works. Other works can also be quoted for i.e. dropped kerb application etc.
Drawings – Prepare construction drawings based on planning approval of above, all construction notes & specifications. Liaise direct with LA inspector to resolve any rising matters to gain conditional approval.
I value and treat all my customers equally and progress through my job list in an orderly fashion, but I do recognise that some of you are running to tight deadlines. With this in mind I am happy to now over a ‘Premium Service’. I will visit your property, run through what is required, measure the property, return to the office and produce the planning drawings ready for submission within 48hours.
All application will require an official Ordnance Survey map, which I will supply. The cost of this will be £36.00 which will be added to the final invoice.
All other works to be quoted for on a separate basis.
Terms of Business
- A Structural Engineer maybe required for any load calculations and roof designs required for Building regulations. Award Design can arrange this service for you.
- All charges to the Local Authority or any other third party are the responsibility of the applicant and will be required at the same time as submission. Any amendments requested by the client or builder after submittal or after approval has been received will be charged extra.
- Payment to be made to Award Design immediately drawings have been approved for submission OR within 2 weeks of issue.
- Award Design will issue one set of drawings as part of the fee, however if further copies are required, we reserve the right to charge £0.25p /A4 & £0.50p/A3
- Copyright & Ownership remains with Award Design until full payment is received. DWG files will not be issued and will remain the property of Award Design.
- Fees noted based on site visit / survey only. Any additional requested site visits will be chargeable at £50/hr.
- Any subsequent minor revisions further to approval are subject to an hourly £50.00 charge, larger significant revisions on request. We reserve the right to charge extra for Resubmitted Applications, Street Scenes, and Detailed Design Statements. In addition Special Lintels, Underpinning Design and Structural Engineers reports may required by the Local Authority and will be quoted for by an independent Structural Engineer. Where applicable this estimate is based on a trussed roof design being used, dependant on size a cut roof design would be require from a specialist designer.
- The fees above consist of one free no obligation site vist, and one further site visit to carry out measured survey. No additional site visits are included and may incur charges based on hourly rate.
- Any projects outside of the area, may be subject to hourly travel charges.
- If in the event that the application is stopped or cancelled at any time by the Client, for any reason, or in the unlikely event that Planning or Building Control approval is not received for reasons beyond our control, we reserve the right to retain charge full payment and/or request payment on a percentage basis for any other work already carried out.
- For loft rooms, please be aware that ‘on plan’ drawings do not represent the reduced head space.
- With this contract Award Design is only contracted to supply to the client Decided, Approved or Conditionally Approved Drawings and Specifications as required and issued by the Local Authority. More Detailed Working Drawings /Specifications can be supplied under a separate Contract if required.
- As no Contractual Agreement exists between the documents and specifications approved and the building contractor chosen by the client, Award Design accepts no responsibility for the materials used, workmanship, construction method and final appearance of the erected building. Award Design is also not responsible for any Party Wall, Build Over agreement requirements and owner covenants. All dimensions to be checked on site prior to construction. Do not scale off any drawings.
- Unless informed otherwise Award Design will assume that these Terms and Conditions have been understood and accepted.